Symposium Date: Thursday 13th February 2020
Organised by: Cornerstone and TORCH
Deadline for submissions: 20 December 2019
From 12 - 13 February 2020 Cornerstone arts centre and the Oxford Research Centre for the Humanities (TORCH) will co-host ‘Creative Minds: Exploring the Relationship between Theatre-Makers and Research’, a two-day conference examining issues of current interest to both practitioners and researchers.
The second day, ‘Meaningful Evaluation in the Performing Arts’, explores different approaches to evaluation from a variety of perspectives, using case studies and research papers. Evaluation requirements from funders don’t always assess what they intend to, or allow practitioners to truly explore the impact of their work upon their audiences. In bringing together those with both theoretical and practical experience, this symposium will introduce new approaches to evaluation and allow sharing of best practice.
Topics for presentations and papers might include:
- Personal/ company experience case studies
- Evaluating form (immersive theatre/ mime/ VR/ etc)
- Evaluating the effect of participation on performers
- Evaluating audiences
- Ethical evaluation
- Representative evaluation
- Addressing problematic findings
- Methodological approaches
- Innovative or emerging methods
- Approaching non-arts based funding evaluation requirements
This symposium has now taken place. If you have any questions, please contact Ruth Moore, Theatre Project Officer.