In light of recent global developments, TORCH has decided to go wholly digital for a while. To this end, we have prepared a variety of exciting competitions, articles, flash-fiction contests, podcasts and live events. These activities will help us continue to support research and community engagement, but in brand-new and innovative ways.
'Big Tent - Live Events' Live Online Event series, as part of the Humanities Cultural Programme at the University of Oxford, one of the founding stones for the future Stephen A. Schwarzman Centre for the Humanities.
Over the coming weeks in 2020, we will be rolling out new and curated content centred around the following themes:
- Week 1: AI, technology and the Humanities (23-29 March)
- Week 2: Peace and Conflict (30 March-5 April)
- Week 3: Environmental Humanities (6-12 April)
- Week 4: Medical Humanities (13-19 April)
- Week 5: Storytelling (20-26 April)
- Week 6: Reading (27 April-3 May)
- Week 7: Music (4-10 May)
- Week 8: Women (11-17 May)
- Week 9: Performance (18-24 May)
- Week 10: Humanities and Science (25-31 May)
- Week 11: Language (1-7 June)
- Week 12: Translation (8-14 June)
- Week 13: Humanities and Policy (15-21 June)
- Week 14: Writing (22-28 June)
- Week 15: Decolonising the Curriculum (29 June-5 July)
- Week 16: Arts (6-12 July)
- Week 17: Activism (13-19 July)
- Week 18: Journeys (20-26 July)
- Week 19: Drama (27 July-2 August)
Michaelmas Term 2020 Themes: (fortnightly)
- Week 1: Liveness (21 September - 4 October)
- Week 3: Hidden Stories (5-18 October)
- Week 5: Decolonisation (19 October-1 November)
- Week 7: Song (2-15 November)
We welcome any and all content submissions related to these themes. Some suggestions might be:
- Blog posts
- Reviews of books, podcasts, or documentaries related to the theme
- A curated list of your top book/podcast recommendations related to the theme
- Biographies of your heroes
- A "Day in the Life" of researcher or student focusing on one of the themes
Unleash your creativity, and send any and all suggestions and content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to the TORCH Newsletter here to receive regular updates on upcoming online events and funding opportunities.
As part of TORCH Goes Digital, we are excited to announce the launch of the "Big Tent, Live Events!" Live Online Events series, as part of the Humanities Cultural Programme.
Join us each week for a new live, online event as part of that weekly theme. See the live online event programme updates here.
For details of future in person events be sure to keep an eye on the TORCH website, social media, and subscribe to the TORCH newsletter.